Elk MeadowsFernie British Columbia - Riverfront Property
If you sometimes want to get away to a cabin in the woods with no fuss and feathers, no hyper list of activities and no crowds of people, then you will love Elk Meadows. It is a two storey timber frame home built on property with frontage on the Elk River. It is comfortably furnished with many log accents. The dishwasher, washer and dryer and other modern conveniences allow you
lots of time to enjoy vacation pursuits. Fernie is a four season vacation destination with a wide variety of recreational activities.
Bedrooms: The upstairs master suite features a queen size bed and a small balcony with a spectacular view of the lake. Separated by a new bathroom is the second bedroom equipped with 2 single beds. On the main floor, there are two bedrooms separated by a bathroom, one with a queen size bed and the other with two bunk beds.
Amenities & Facilities
- 3 bedrooms.
- The master suite has a queen sized bed (TV / VCR as well).
- Bedroom 2 also has a queen sized bed and boasts a balcony.
- The 3rd bed is a double with a single bunk above and also has a balcony.
- There is also a futon in the loft. (all bedding is included).
- 2 single mattresses available (please provide sleeping bag or similar).
- 2 bathrooms equipped with hair dryer and iron.
- Fully equipped kitchen for 12.
- Well water is excellent. It’s been tested and is pure.
- Fridge, Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Electric Kettle, Coffee Maker (basic kitchen staples, condiments, spices etc).
- Washer / Dryer
- TV / VCR (TV reception is poor – there are 15 movies included and rentals are available in town.)
- Gas fireplace (as well as furnace).
- Lawn Chairs.
- Campfire Pit – roasting sticks included.
- Locked ski storage.
- Phone available at cabin – must use calling card.
- Size : 1800 sq. ft.
- Parking : Unlimited
- Location : Fernie, British Columbia.
- Nearest Town : Fernie – 6 km
- Nearest Hospital : Fernie – 8 km
- Riverfront Access : Yes
- Beach : Shallow, Sandy and Private
- Boat rentals: available in Fernie
- Watercraft included: None
- Fishing : Categorized as excellent (trout)
- Swim Raft: None
Things To Do & See
- Fernie Golf Course: (18 holes) 8 km from Elk Meadows. Complete with clubhouse, club and cart rentals. Phone (250) 423-4115.
- 8 other top rated courses within a 90 minute drive.
- Fernie Alpine Resort has downhill and cross country skiing. Rentals are available. (Awesome powder!) Only 16 km to resort from the cabin.
- Cross Country Skiing available from the doorstep of the cabin.
- Snow cat skiing at Island Lake which is less than a 40 minute drive away.
- Cross country skiing, snowshoeing, or snowmobiling. There are organized trails or you can make your own. Maps available at the Information Center.
- Fernie Aquatic Center is less than a 10 minute drive away.
- Canoeing, rafting and tubing on the Elk River. Rentals are available in town if you don’t have your own equipment.
- Hiking or biking. Trail maps are available at the Information Center.
- There is a wide variety of reading material and movies at the cabin and bookstores, (new and second-hand) and movie rental stores in town.
- Book a spa day on the hill or in town.
For weekly rentals – Check In is Saturdays after 4:00 PM and Check Out is Saturdays at 11:00 AM
TAXES NOT INCLUDED
All persons must be 25 years of age or older, unless in the case of a family rental (i.e. parent / guardian & child)
Stays of a 2 night minimum may be considered. Please contact us for rates
Security Deposit: $500.00
- Available Year Round.
- No smoking in cabin.
- No pets permitted.
- Security Deposit $500.
- Life jackets required for boating / children.
- As this is a lakefront cabin, children should be supervised at all times.