Panorama Cottage - Kootenay Lake Cabin RentalKootenay Lake, British Columbia - Waterfront Property
Panorama Cottage – Kaslo, Ainsworth Hot Springs Kootenay Lake, British Columbia Vacation Rentals overlooking Kootenay Lake.
Panorama Cottage – Kootenay Lake, British Columbia Cabin Rentals Situated right on the shore overlooking Kootenay Lake . A beautiful ‘Hidden Vacation Rental’ GEM right in the middle of the Purcell and Selkirk Mountains. We are nestled between 2 lakes. Kootenay Lake, about 2 miles wide and approximately 90 miles long, and Mirror Lake, a 5 or 10 minute walk behind our property.
Our new 2 bedroom cottage is definitely a hideaway that features a wood interior, full kitchen and a real wood stove, with a glass fire door. We have electric heat and electric stove also; large tile throughout…except carpeting in the bedrooms
A deck on the lake side to view and appreciate all of God’s wonders. And, yes, we do have lake access, unlike so many other properties. We are so hidden, it is hard to believe the amenities of shopping and hospital in historic Kaslo are only 3 miles away. You won’t want to leave this hideaway.
Amenities & Facilities
- 1 Queen and 2 single beds.
- We provide linens, pillows and towels. No beach towels provided.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Water is community water ï¿½ boil order in effect ï¿½ as in most rural areas that do not chlorinate.
- Fridge, Stove, Microwave, Radio, TV (Satellite TV) and VCR.
- Propane BBQ available.
- Patio Set.
- Make fires on Beach as long as no fire bans are in effect.
- Size : Just under 1000 Square feet
- Sleeps : 4 People ( Sleeps 5 with extra child on coach )
- Parking : 6 Vehicles
- Location : Near Ainsworth Hot Springs, 3 miles from Kaslo B.C.
- Nearest Town : Historic Kaslo (3 miles)
- Waterfront Access : 15 meters to lake
- Beach : Private, sloping with pebbles. One area is called beauty beach, just filled with flat spinners, beats a sandy beach 🙂
- Boat/Launch Dock : Yes – 1 block away
- Fishing : Classified as excellent (Dolly Varden, Rainbow trout) – winter fishing is also great as the lake doesn’t freeze.
- Nearest Hospital : Kaslo (3 miles away)
Things To Do & See
- Balfour Golf & Country Club semi-private 18 hole course 250-229-5655
- Kaslo Golf Course 9 hole
- Kokanee Springs Golf Course – world class public 18 hole course (10km – free ferry ride or you can fly in) 800-979-7999
- Riondel Golf Club – Public 9 hole course (10km – free ferry ride) 250-225-3584
- Soaking in Ainsworth Hot Springs, (one is 15 min. away, 2 others 1 1/2 hours away)
- Mirror Lake only 5 minutes away.
- Historic Kaslo only 5 minutes away.
- Rock Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Downhill Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- More information on Kootenay Lake
For weekly rentals – Check In is Saturdays after 4:00 PM and Check Out is Saturdays at 11:00 AM
TAXES NOT INCLUDED
All persons must be 25 years of age or older, unless in the case of a family rental (i.e. parent / guardian & child)
- Couch available for third child to make it 5 persons.
- No smoking in cabin.
- Pets allowed for extra charge.
- Security Deposit $500.
- Cleaning Fee of $120.
- Other than linens and towels unit must be cleaned and floors washed in order to receive back deposit.
- Life jackets required for boating / children.
- As this is a lakefront cabin, children should be supervised at all times.